In an ideal society, you could simply leave your windows open all night and your doors unlocked. These days that just isn’t the state of the world. Crime is a fact of life here in Florida no matter how nice of a neighborhood you live in. Feeling safe in your own home is a must. So long as proper precautions are taken, you can limit your vulnerability. Locking the doors at night and when you go out, installing alarm systems should an attempted break-in in occur, and getting to know your neighbors – even forming a neighborhood watch group can help add to the feeling of security for all.
Adding motorized SuperScreen to your home can allow you to keep the airflow without sacrificing security. Superscreen is tear resistant and would be very cumbersome for a burglar or home invader to cut through to gain entry. It is opened by installed indoor push button or remote control and can not be opened from the outside.
Normally leaving your drapes open and windows up would allow outsiders to see in your home, especially at night when the lights are on and it is dark out. SuperScreening, though perfectly visible from the inside out, can be tinted making it tough to peep at the residents inside. This makes your home less of a potential target for would-be criminals.
Electric window screens offer privacy and are a great way to keep bugs and burglars out while still letting the breeze flow in.
At East Coast Electric Screening, LLC, we serve Southwest Florida including Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River Counties. Give us a call today at (561)-746-2622.
Superscreen is the screen of the future, only the beauty is that it’s here now. Standard metal mesh screening is limited. Once bent it weakens the fibers. Over time that causes rips and tears. These small openings can let in bugs and debris, and over time rip even more.
Superscreen is tear resistant, puncture resistant, mildew resistant, and even fire retardant which is key if you bbq on your lanai. SuperScreen outlasts traditional fiberglass screen material and is backed by a Ten Year Limited Warranty. Superscreen is also retractable. By making the decision to install, you aren’t limiting yourself to being enclosed all of the time.
Retractable screening rolls up discreetly inside of a thin non-conspicuously mounted housing. Motorization is also installable making retraction a breeze. Living in Florida, hurricane preparedness is a way of life. If you are a homeowner, making sure that your property is easily secured is important. Having retractable superscreens can save you from having to replace or repair your screening post hurricane.
These screens can install not only on porches and lanais but any window, archway, enclosure, breezeway or even garage. They are versatile and come in a wide range of colors.
The increased airflow can cut your electric bill by allowing the breeze to cool your home in the fall and winter months as well as increasing the quality of breathable air in your home.
Whether you are building a new home or retrofitting an existing one, when it comes to screening, SuperScreen is the way to go. We would love to give you a quote and show you how to maximize your homes true potential. Give us a call 888-41SCREEN or visit www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com
Retractable screen doors are the wave of the future. Goodbye to the days of screen doors slamming shut and opening in the wrong direction. There are a few reasons why the retractable technology of today’s doors is ideal for family homes.
- You will not have to worry about children’s little toes and fingers getting slammed in the door. The traditional type of screen doors can catch kid’s fingers when it closes, whereas the new retractable screen doors are designed to slide back into its housing, making it nearly impossible for anyone to pinch their fingers.
- Retractable screen doors are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Since the screens pull back to the side of the door, it disappears from sight which puts your door on display instead of a screen door. There are housing colors that can blend into the color of your home. The curb appeal increases for houses that have retractable screen doors installed. This is especially important for those who have purchased beautiful front doors, yet would like a screen door at the same time.
- Retractable screen doors will allow you to open the door and allow fresh air into your home without the worry of pests entering your home. This is ideal for those homeowners who have pets. Your door can stay open and keep your pet safely indoors.
- The retracting capability allows you to have a screen door when you want and to not have a screen door when you do not want one. You can use it when needed and then put it away when not in use. They are easy to open and close. You can opt to have them shut manually or electronically with remote control based on their use and your mobility.
If you are interested in retractable screen doors for your home, please visit us at EastCoastElectricScreening.com.
The summer season has begun and that means pool parties, neighborhood bar-b-ques, and family reunions. Retractable screens made of our Super Screen material will keep your family and friends comfortable on the lanai during those hot summer months.
Even the humidity and heat of summers here in Florida cannot keep people from wanting to enjoy the outdoor environment. We can only stay inside our air conditioned homes so long before needing to breathe some fresh outside air. By having a retractable screen on your lanai, it gives you the option of enjoying the outdoors without all of the bugs and debris entering your living area.
By screening in your back or front porch area, this opens up more living space for your family, including the family pets. It gives your pets the opportunity to experience the outdoors while staying safe and remaining cool in a shaded area. Your pet will be able to enjoy the celebrations on your lanai along with your family and you will not have the concern that he/she will get lost.
What is perfect about retractable screens is that you have the option to open up the space with a remote control device. Or keep the screen down to use it as protection from the outside elements that you do not desire to have in your living space such as bugs, animals and leaves.
Your summer parties will be spectacular when you are able to position your lanai screen to make your guests feel comfortable. No stinging bees during the daytime and no mosquitoes will bother your guests should you entertain into the evening. We all want our party guests to have a fun time and not have the worry of swatting away bees or covering food to keep flies off of it.
When using our screening, you can decorate your lanai and not worry about items blowing away into the yard. With the screen in the down position, it will contain everything in the unfortunate event of a Florida thunderstorm, which is common during the summer months. So, all of your planning for the party décor will be the hit as you had planned it to be. Decorate away without worry!
Contact East Coast Electric Screening for more information on our retractable screens and how we can benefit you and your summer parties. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us today at 888-41SCREEN or visit us online.
If you are from the northern areas of the United States, you may not be familiar with garage door screens. Since the weather down here in Florida is ideal for an outdoor lifestyle most of the year, keeping the garage door open to keep sunlight and air flowing can be beneficial to homeowners.
A garage screen is a screen that rolls down at the garage door opening. Since houses in Florida are not able to have basements due to the shallow water table, homeowners turn to their garage for additional living space. Some people use the garage as a wood workshop, an art studio, or a “man cave”. Others convert it to a play area for their children, a place to craft or even into a home office. Having a screen in these areas would be beneficial in many ways.
- Keep Bugs Out! By screening in the garage, bugs can be kept at bay so that you can enjoy the space without becoming a meal to insects. There is no need to cover yourself in bug spray while enjoying time in your garage space with a retractable screen.
- Air Flow A few seasons of the year, it isn’t terribly hot in Florida. So, many people will open up their windows and doors to air out the house after months of running the air conditioner. With a garage door screen, it allows fresh air to flow through the home easier.
- Sunlight. Having natural light flow into the garage is ideal if you are working on projects and need additional lighting. If you are hosting a party and watching the big game in your man cave, your party guests will appreciate a nice open space with lots of light to cheer on the team. Also, sunshine can affect moods, so getting a daily dose of it can impact your health in a positive way.
- Shade. Even with sunlight coming in, the screen provides some shade so you don’t need to concern yourself with sunscreen.
- Debris. Fallen leaves and outside debris won’t find its way into your garage when you have a garage screen.
- Safety. Having a garage screen can increase the safety of children and pets as well as deter thieves. You should always keep an eye on young children and pets, but by having your screen door down, it will be less likely that they can wander off and get lost. At the same time, it can help keep people out. Thieves will think twice about entering your garage to steal your golf clubs if you have a screen in place. It is another obstacle to get through, so they will most likely move on to the next house.
At East Coast Electric Screening, you can coordinate the screen color to the color of your house. This is perfect in that it will add to your home’s appearance and also creates a wonderful function that you can enjoy time and time again. With just the touch of a button, you can have a beautiful garage screen in place for any occasion.
Call East Coast Electric Screening today for a FREE estimate (561)-746-2622.
When we’re home alone with the window screens up, house exposed for all to see, we often do not consider expectations of privacy. We hear about parents being hesitant to let their kids stay home alone, but we often do not hear about how the adult feels. A national survey from Wakefield Research found that nearly 74 percent of business travelers say their stay-behind spouse has raised concerns about being left home alone.
If you’re not fond of being the only one home in your humble abode, rest assured there are thousands of solutions to make you feel more at ease. One excellent rule of thumb is to always lock your doors and always, always double check that you did in fact lock them. Heck, even triple check the locks. It never hurts to be safe and a little overly cautious.
Another good idea and excellent safety plan is getting to know your neighbors. If you’re lucky enough to find a neighborhood full of charming and friendly people, it’s not a bad idea to take advantage and check in with them while the rest of your family is away. A neighborhood watch program is also ideal. According to FBI reports, areas with an active Neighborhood Watch program are 43 percent less likely to experience criminal activity.
Electric window screens offer privacy and are a great way to keep cool air in and bugs and heat out. They’re great for South Florida and even better when we’re more aware of privacy within our own home. After all, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
At East Coast Electric Screening, LLC, we cover a lot of ground in Southwest Florida. We serve Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River Counties. Give us a call today at (561)-746-2622.