The hot, muggy summer months are almost behind us. At times now, you can even feel a touch of coolness in the air. Now that it is October, we have the winter months to look forward to in Florida. The winter season is a beautiful time of the year down here and many people like to enjoy the cooler weather on their lanais. Our motorized electric screens make it easy to transition from an open area to an enclosed, more private area for you and your family to enjoy.
With the cooler months coming, you might want to take some time to inspect your current screens. If they need cleaning or repair, now is the time to do it. If they need replacing, then we highly recommend motorized electric screens. Not only will they be easier to raise and lower, but your friends, family, and neighbors will think highly of the technology. We can’t tell you how many compliments that we get on our own motorized screens in our own homes as well as our customer’s homes.
With the Zika virus spreading through the south Florida area right now, having some type of screening in place is crucial to avoid mosquito bites. Our Super Screen product is tough, won’t tear, and will keep little pesky biting and stinking bugs out of your living spaces.
You may decide, like a lot of Floridians, that once the weather cools a bit to turn off the air conditioner and open up the doors and windows to “air out” the house. It is always a nice option to be able to let fresh air into the home. The cross ventilation moves stale air from the summer out and cleans fresh air inside your home. Having motorized electric screens in place is ideal to fully enjoy your winter months. Call us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about the high-quality screening that we offer.
Contact us at East Coast Electric Screening by either visiting our website at www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN.
Motorized electric screens are exactly what they sound like. They are screens that are installed on your home that open up electronically. There is no need to manually pull them down or try to push them up into their housing. With the touch of a button, you are able to either open or shut the screening.
Why use motorized electric screens? Here in Florida, there are many nights, especially in the winter, that you can sit on your back porch and enjoy the cool breezes. By having a screen in place, you can enjoy it without bugs pestering you. When you have the screening down, it will keep debris from trees and bushes from blowing into your sitting area. Motorized screens are great for those who have pets as well. It is a way to contain them during those times that you do not want them running free in the back yard. If you like to host gatherings, the screening easily can be drawn down so that any food buffet is not touched by pests.
Are motorized electric screens bulky and an eye sore? No, absolutely not. This type of screening conveniently rolls up into a discreet housing unit that is custom fitted to blend into your home as much as possible. There are even different colors for the housing unit that can blend to your home’s exterior color.
I like the technology of the Super Screen. Can that be used in a motorized electric screening application? Yes, definitely. The Super Screen is a very popular type of screen that has an amazing warranty due to its resistance to tearing and puncturing. This is a perfect screen for those who own animals or are concerned about the high winds during Florida’s many storms.
East Coast Electric Screening serve the Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River counties. Contact us today by either visiting our website, www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN
There are many reasons why we use Super Screen® for our screening projects. Your screens are exposed to outdoor elements such as strong winds, rain, heat, and insects. We want our customers to have every confidence that the screens that we install will hold up to whatever mother nature can send their way!
The benefits of having Super Screen® installed includes the following:
- They are puncture and tear proof. The very strong, yet lightweight woven strands are made from a new technology that stands up to tears and punctures. We are confident that it is nearly indestructible.
- They are fade resistant. The sun in Florida can beat down on your screens causing fading and flaking. Super Screen® does not allow that kind of deterioration by using a special UV protectant. By maintaining its original color and filtering, your screens will remain looking brand new for a very long time.
- They are mildew resistant. The fabric is treated with a special compound which resists growth of mildew. This is ideal for screens that cover lanais and pool cages.
- They are very durable. Super Screen® is superior to the old fiberglass screens that lose elasticity. A seven yr. test of the screens proved that they held up to sunlight and weathering with only a loss of 1% in strength.
- They stand up to pets. Claw marks are barely visible from cats and dogs, making the need to replace screens due to a scratch non-existent.
- Super Screen® offers two sizes of mesh. Both of the sizes stop mosquitos and insects from entering your living space. The tightest mesh that we offer blocks out 50% of the sun’s harmful UV rays!
Super Screen® is perfect for screen doors, windows, pool cages, screened in patios, lanais, and patios. We are so confident in this product. It even comes with an unprecedented 10 yr. limited warranty! If you are need of screen repair, replacement or installation of a new screen, please contact East Coast Electric Screening. Visit our website at www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN.
Retractable screen doors are the wave of the future. Goodbye to the days of screen doors slamming shut and opening in the wrong direction. There are a few reasons why the retractable technology of today’s doors is ideal for family homes.
- You will not have to worry about children’s little toes and fingers getting slammed in the door. The traditional type of screen doors can catch kid’s fingers when it closes, whereas the new retractable screen doors are designed to slide back into its housing, making it nearly impossible for anyone to pinch their fingers.
- Retractable screen doors are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Since the screens pull back to the side of the door, it disappears from sight which puts your door on display instead of a screen door. There are housing colors that can blend into the color of your home. The curb appeal increases for houses that have retractable screen doors installed. This is especially important for those who have purchased beautiful front doors, yet would like a screen door at the same time.
- Retractable screen doors will allow you to open the door and allow fresh air into your home without the worry of pests entering your home. This is ideal for those homeowners who have pets. Your door can stay open and keep your pet safely indoors.
- The retracting capability allows you to have a screen door when you want and to not have a screen door when you do not want one. You can use it when needed and then put it away when not in use. They are easy to open and close. You can opt to have them shut manually or electronically with remote control based on their use and your mobility.
If you are interested in retractable screen doors for your home, please visit us at EastCoastElectricScreening.com.
The summer season has begun and that means pool parties, neighborhood bar-b-ques, and family reunions. Retractable screens made of our Super Screen material will keep your family and friends comfortable on the lanai during those hot summer months.
Even the humidity and heat of summers here in Florida cannot keep people from wanting to enjoy the outdoor environment. We can only stay inside our air conditioned homes so long before needing to breathe some fresh outside air. By having a retractable screen on your lanai, it gives you the option of enjoying the outdoors without all of the bugs and debris entering your living area.
By screening in your back or front porch area, this opens up more living space for your family, including the family pets. It gives your pets the opportunity to experience the outdoors while staying safe and remaining cool in a shaded area. Your pet will be able to enjoy the celebrations on your lanai along with your family and you will not have the concern that he/she will get lost.
What is perfect about retractable screens is that you have the option to open up the space with a remote control device. Or keep the screen down to use it as protection from the outside elements that you do not desire to have in your living space such as bugs, animals and leaves.
Your summer parties will be spectacular when you are able to position your lanai screen to make your guests feel comfortable. No stinging bees during the daytime and no mosquitoes will bother your guests should you entertain into the evening. We all want our party guests to have a fun time and not have the worry of swatting away bees or covering food to keep flies off of it.
When using our screening, you can decorate your lanai and not worry about items blowing away into the yard. With the screen in the down position, it will contain everything in the unfortunate event of a Florida thunderstorm, which is common during the summer months. So, all of your planning for the party décor will be the hit as you had planned it to be. Decorate away without worry!
Contact East Coast Electric Screening for more information on our retractable screens and how we can benefit you and your summer parties. We look forward to hearing from you. Call us today at 888-41SCREEN or visit us online.
Isn’t it nice that we can sit in our screened in porch and enjoy a cup of coffee during the morning without bees, wasps and critters bothering us? Screens are an unsung hero. To those reading this, we’ve always had them, so we don’t appreciate them as much as we should. It wasn’t too long ago that windows and doors didn’t have screening on them. The windows were either open or closed, which affected the view, ventilation, and the lack of insect, animal, and debris control.
The first wire screens were recorded in 1825 as “woven wire” screens. From that point on, “woven wire window” screens caught on. In the 1840’s Gilbert and Bennett Manufacturing invented wire mesh window screens. The first patent for screens was in 1868 by Bayley and McCluskey to be used on railcars to provide ventilation while protecting passengers from the dust and sparks of the running train. Window screens then evolved into preventing insects from entering residential homes through windows, which, over time, reduced the number of parasitic diseases in the United States. Most operable windows in the USA and Canada have window screens on them nowadays.
It has been less than 100 years since the window screen came into existence. Since then, we have SuperScreens which prevent tearing, punctures and mildew growth. We also have screens that provide UV protection, screens that display an image like a painting, bug free screens that keep out even the teeny tiny No-see-ums, and motorized screens. Our porches and lanai’s have screening so sunny days can be enjoyed without animals and insects invading our space. It also helps to keep children and pets inside the enclosed space, providing a safety feature. Our doors have screens on them now too. Front doors, back doors, sliding glass doors and even garage doors all are now available with various types of screens.
If you are looking for a superior screening company, please contact East Coast Electric Screening at flascreens.com or give us a call at 561-746-2622
It’s that time of year again! Now that warmer weather is here, we are all on the spring cleaning war path! It is a great time to focus on your window and door screens. Let’s get them all scrubbed up and clean for the upcoming summer season.
- You will want to remove the screen from the frame. Carefully lie the screen down on a large blanket or towel that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Using the extension attachments, run a vacuum over the screen to rid it of dust and loose dirt.
- Fill a bucket with a quarter of a cup of all-purpose soap and about a half-gallon of warm water.
- Standing the screen up, you may need someone to help you with this, wash both sides with the soap mixture.
- Spray the screen off with a hose. Make sure that it is on a low pressure setting. High power settings might make tear the screen away from the spline and create a saggy, loose screen that needs repaired.
- Dry your screens with a clean, dry towel and then set them out to air dry.
- Once the screens are dry, you can replace them into the frame.
- As you are cleaning each screen, inspect each one for tears, holes and check to see if it has come loose from the frame. Insects, pollen and debris can enter your home through these unsightly tears.
Maintaining the integrity of the screen is important to its lifespan. By occasionally taking a vacuum attachment and getting the dirt and gunk off, then your next spring cleaning will be simple.
*Note: while your screens are off of the windows, that is a great time to wash the outside of the windows as well!
East Coast Electric Screening is the expert and go-to for screen replacement. Their SuperScreens are amazing and have a long lifespan. They are tear resistant, mildew resistant, fire retardant, and puncture resistant. All of which bode well here in Florida.
Contact us at East Coast Electric Screening by either visiting our website at www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN.
This time of year most homeowners focus on Hurricane season and how to protect their property and its contents or added amenities. Windows and doors are the primary focus, however one of the most expensive and time consuming replacement items is your pool cage that you have around and over your pool.
While there is no real way to stop a hurricane from damaging the structure, you can minimize damage by cutting the screen panels and then bearing the cost to replace it after the storm. With no guarantees that the frame will not topple from the winds. With a few new insurance rules since the last wave of hurricanes, enclosures are not a covered item on a standard home owner insurance policy, so make sure you are covered.
Some of us do not have a pool cage at all and we find the summer months to be unbearable to be on our patios in the early evening and beyond. But that doesn’t mean that you need a pool cage either.
There is a rapidly growing product line commonly referred to as a motorized roll down screen. This is a system that allows you to have a screened in area when you want it and you simply roll it up when it is not desired. The system has become more affordable over the last few years. The added benefit is that when that Hurricane comes through you simply roll it up into a structural canister and wait for the storm to pass. When your neighbors suffer loss of their cages due to high winds. Then have to wait for a company (Who will be extremely busy) to come out to either repair or replace their structure, you will be able to enjoy you outdoor space immediately. Not expenses or time delay!
So, whether you want to install a screen on an existing unscreened home or need one to replace yours when that cage is damaged look into this alternative. It is another added feature to your outdoor life.
To find out if a motorized roll up screen is a good fit for you and the cost associated with the system contact us at East Coast Electric screening. 561-746-2622 or look at our website at flascreens.com
You’ve invested in your home to make it a beautiful, warm and welcoming retreat from the world. The retractable screens that you want to add should complement your home’s aesthetic appeal. Not only should you look at the visual aspect of the screens, but also make sure that the components are made of quality materials.
Here at East Coast Electric Screening, we only use extruded aluminum housings for our screens. This term might not mean much to you, but once a big storm comes through, you’ll be glad that you chose this superior product over other flimsy housings.
Extruded aluminum is the term used for the manufacturing of this type of housing. It is made of a thicker aluminum, whereas the rolled aluminum is about the strength of a soda can. Which one would you want to have in the midst of a hurricane? We’d venture to say extruded.
Not only do we use SuperScreen, a strong puncture and mildew resistant screen, our retractable screens roll up into an extruded aluminum housing. This strong housing can be custom recessed during new home builds or mounted above or below the door or window opening in existing homes. This discreet and slim mounting will keep the screen securely tucked away when it is not in use.
Extruded aluminum wears better than rolled aluminum due to the manufacturing process. It is heavier, has mitered corners and won’t bend as easy as rolled aluminum, which a lot lighter. You also won’t have to worry about the color fading from sunlight and other environmental exposures like you would if you have rolled aluminum framing and housing.
If you would like to talk to us about adding a new retractable screen to your home, contact us at East Coast Electric Screening by either visiting our website at www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN.
If you are from the northern areas of the United States, you may not be familiar with garage door screens. Since the weather down here in Florida is ideal for an outdoor lifestyle most of the year, keeping the garage door open to keep sunlight and air flowing can be beneficial to homeowners.
A garage screen is a screen that rolls down at the garage door opening. Since houses in Florida are not able to have basements due to the shallow water table, homeowners turn to their garage for additional living space. Some people use the garage as a wood workshop, an art studio, or a “man cave”. Others convert it to a play area for their children, a place to craft or even into a home office. Having a screen in these areas would be beneficial in many ways.
- Keep Bugs Out! By screening in the garage, bugs can be kept at bay so that you can enjoy the space without becoming a meal to insects. There is no need to cover yourself in bug spray while enjoying time in your garage space with a retractable screen.
- Air Flow A few seasons of the year, it isn’t terribly hot in Florida. So, many people will open up their windows and doors to air out the house after months of running the air conditioner. With a garage door screen, it allows fresh air to flow through the home easier.
- Sunlight. Having natural light flow into the garage is ideal if you are working on projects and need additional lighting. If you are hosting a party and watching the big game in your man cave, your party guests will appreciate a nice open space with lots of light to cheer on the team. Also, sunshine can affect moods, so getting a daily dose of it can impact your health in a positive way.
- Shade. Even with sunlight coming in, the screen provides some shade so you don’t need to concern yourself with sunscreen.
- Debris. Fallen leaves and outside debris won’t find its way into your garage when you have a garage screen.
- Safety. Having a garage screen can increase the safety of children and pets as well as deter thieves. You should always keep an eye on young children and pets, but by having your screen door down, it will be less likely that they can wander off and get lost. At the same time, it can help keep people out. Thieves will think twice about entering your garage to steal your golf clubs if you have a screen in place. It is another obstacle to get through, so they will most likely move on to the next house.
At East Coast Electric Screening, you can coordinate the screen color to the color of your house. This is perfect in that it will add to your home’s appearance and also creates a wonderful function that you can enjoy time and time again. With just the touch of a button, you can have a beautiful garage screen in place for any occasion.
Call East Coast Electric Screening today for a FREE estimate (561)-746-2622.