It’s that time of year again! Now that warmer weather is here, we are all on the spring cleaning war path! It is a great time to focus on your window and door screens. Let’s get them all scrubbed up and clean for the upcoming summer season.
- You will want to remove the screen from the frame. Carefully lie the screen down on a large blanket or towel that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Using the extension attachments, run a vacuum over the screen to rid it of dust and loose dirt.
- Fill a bucket with a quarter of a cup of all-purpose soap and about a half-gallon of warm water.
- Standing the screen up, you may need someone to help you with this, wash both sides with the soap mixture.
- Spray the screen off with a hose. Make sure that it is on a low pressure setting. High power settings might make tear the screen away from the spline and create a saggy, loose screen that needs repaired.
- Dry your screens with a clean, dry towel and then set them out to air dry.
- Once the screens are dry, you can replace them into the frame.
- As you are cleaning each screen, inspect each one for tears, holes and check to see if it has come loose from the frame. Insects, pollen and debris can enter your home through these unsightly tears.
Maintaining the integrity of the screen is important to its lifespan. By occasionally taking a vacuum attachment and getting the dirt and gunk off, then your next spring cleaning will be simple.
*Note: while your screens are off of the windows, that is a great time to wash the outside of the windows as well!
East Coast Electric Screening is the expert and go-to for screen replacement. Their SuperScreens are amazing and have a long lifespan. They are tear resistant, mildew resistant, fire retardant, and puncture resistant. All of which bode well here in Florida.
Contact us at East Coast Electric Screening by either visiting our website at www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN.