It’s that time of year again! Now that warmer weather is here, we are all on the spring cleaning war path! It is a great time to focus on your window and door screens. Let’s get them all scrubbed up and clean for the upcoming summer season.
- You will want to remove the screen from the frame. Carefully lie the screen down on a large blanket or towel that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Using the extension attachments, run a vacuum over the screen to rid it of dust and loose dirt.
- Fill a bucket with a quarter of a cup of all-purpose soap and about a half-gallon of warm water.
- Standing the screen up, you may need someone to help you with this, wash both sides with the soap mixture.
- Spray the screen off with a hose. Make sure that it is on a low pressure setting. High power settings might make tear the screen away from the spline and create a saggy, loose screen that needs repaired.
- Dry your screens with a clean, dry towel and then set them out to air dry.
- Once the screens are dry, you can replace them into the frame.
- As you are cleaning each screen, inspect each one for tears, holes and check to see if it has come loose from the frame. Insects, pollen and debris can enter your home through these unsightly tears.
Maintaining the integrity of the screen is important to its lifespan. By occasionally taking a vacuum attachment and getting the dirt and gunk off, then your next spring cleaning will be simple.
*Note: while your screens are off of the windows, that is a great time to wash the outside of the windows as well!
East Coast Electric Screening is the expert and go-to for screen replacement. Their SuperScreens are amazing and have a long lifespan. They are tear resistant, mildew resistant, fire retardant, and puncture resistant. All of which bode well here in Florida.
Contact us at East Coast Electric Screening by either visiting our website at www.eastcoastelectricscreening.com or call us at 888-41SCREEN.
This time of year most homeowners focus on Hurricane season and how to protect their property and its contents or added amenities. Windows and doors are the primary focus, however one of the most expensive and time consuming replacement items is your pool cage that you have around and over your pool.
While there is no real way to stop a hurricane from damaging the structure, you can minimize damage by cutting the screen panels and then bearing the cost to replace it after the storm. With no guarantees that the frame will not topple from the winds. With a few new insurance rules since the last wave of hurricanes, enclosures are not a covered item on a standard home owner insurance policy, so make sure you are covered.
Some of us do not have a pool cage at all and we find the summer months to be unbearable to be on our patios in the early evening and beyond. But that doesn’t mean that you need a pool cage either.
There is a rapidly growing product line commonly referred to as a motorized roll down screen. This is a system that allows you to have a screened in area when you want it and you simply roll it up when it is not desired. The system has become more affordable over the last few years. The added benefit is that when that Hurricane comes through you simply roll it up into a structural canister and wait for the storm to pass. When your neighbors suffer loss of their cages due to high winds. Then have to wait for a company (Who will be extremely busy) to come out to either repair or replace their structure, you will be able to enjoy you outdoor space immediately. Not expenses or time delay!
So, whether you want to install a screen on an existing unscreened home or need one to replace yours when that cage is damaged look into this alternative. It is another added feature to your outdoor life.
To find out if a motorized roll up screen is a good fit for you and the cost associated with the system contact us at East Coast Electric screening. 561-746-2622 or look at our website at flascreens.com